Photos: The Budos Band @ The Independent, San Francisco 1/15/11
This weekend brought the Daptone records funk collective known as The Budos Band to The Independent for two sold-out nights in the heart of San Francisco. The first time I caught this band was at last year’s Outside Lands Music Festival, and ever since they’ve been a staple in the rotation on my home stereo whether it’s me or one of my roommates blasting some tunes before we head out for the night.
Saturday night’s show was solid front to back. If you like deep afro-funk and some sinister dark grooves by a bunch of hipster-looking white dudes, this is the band for you. I highly recommend catching these guys when they roll through your own town…
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 04/02/2013 • Outside Lands 2013 Eager Beaver and Three-Day Tickets Go On Sale This Thursday
- 12/07/2012 • VIDEO: moe. pays tribute to Dave Brubeck with “Take Five”
- 12/03/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (Part Two)
- 11/21/2012 • CONCERT RECAP / PHOTOS: Patrick Watson @ Great American Music Hall, 11/19/12
- 11/20/2012 • CONCERT RECAP: Justice @ The Warfield, San Francisco, CA 11/4/12
- 05/20/2013 • R.I.P. Ray Manzarek, The Doors (1939-2013)
- 05/20/2013 • Coachella 2014: Dates Confirmed, Presales Soon
- 05/20/2013 • First City Festival: Passion Pit, Modest Mouse, MGMT, Beach House and more
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13