Marco Benevento & Friends @ The Theatre at Trump Plaza, Atlantic City 10/30/10 Late-Night
This past weekend featured three of the best Phish shows I’ve ever been fortunate enough to witness, but there’s one event that got pretty overshadowed by all the madness on the Boardwalk. There were two after-parties booked at the Trump Plaza next door to the Boardwalk Hall where Phish was booked, the first being a Karl Denson after-show following the Friday night sets and the second being a Marco Bevenento & Friends after-show the morning following Phish’s “Get the Led Out” concert. Our crew made it to the Marco show, something we wouldn’t miss given the stellar lineup he had planned backing him up; it was none other than Marc Friedman from the Slip and Surprise Me Mr. Davis and local boy Billy Martin from MMW.
After the opener of “Greenpoint,” always my favorite, the band tore through a set of Marco originals and jazz-wank standards and played to a posh-ass nightclub in a Donald Trump themed hotel. Even my bottled water had Trump’s face on it — Trump Ice — and the show was a ridiculously good time by all standards I could ever apply. My buddy Mike Kochan got some amazing shots from the show, too.
Thanks to Mike for keeping a straight head and taking some photos and videos from the show. I was also psyched to meet my long-time online-only friend, @jtnt. What a weekend.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/19/2013 • WATCH: Dehaan aka Metallica Perform “Kill ‘Em All” In Full @ Orion Fest
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify