GUYUTICA: Phish @ Utica Memorial Auditorium, NY
Our friend Kevin Fuller recently shot the Phish show in Utica, NY and witnessed the madness that everyone has dubbed Guyutica.
Wednesday marked the return of Phish to New York with the band’s only stop in the empire state on its Fall tour. The guys packed one of the smaller venues I’ve seen the band in — and proceeded to (I’ll go ahead and use the cliché) blow the roof off the Memorial Auditorium in Utica. Literally, there were flames shooting out of the top of the Memorial Auditorium when I left. I dumped a Utica Club on it, which actually accelerated the flames.
So before Wednesday, I had a general rule of travel in terms of road trips. I appended those rules slightly thereafter.
Rules of traveling: 1. Avoid Utica at all costs. 2. Avoid drinking Utica Club beer. 3. You better make it to Utica if Phish — or anyone in the band — are playing there.
Read his full review here and read on for a few more photos from the show…
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/07/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: The Meter Men with Page McConnell @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/06/2013 • PHOTOS: Final Day @ Jazz Fest 2013 (Trombone Shorty, Black Keys, Meter Men with Page & More)
- 04/30/2013 • Phish Releases 6/20/95 and “The Fleezer” from 6/22/95
- 04/21/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Record Store Day 2013
- 04/18/2013 • David Gilmour Remembers Storm Thorgerson (1944-2013)
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13