Phish in Atlantic City: Phamily Poker Classic Announced
I think I’m going to be taking the next month to get back into poker groove now that I have a fun little tournament to plan for while I’m in Atlantic City to see the Phish Halloween shows. I’m not going to pretend I know what I’m doing, but when I saw the news on JamBase this morning about the Phamily Poker Classic, I got hella psyched. Plus it’s at my hotel, so I see no reason why this wouldn’t be top of my list of things to do while I’m not dancing myself silly at the three-night Boardwalk Hall epic-fest.
The Mockingbird Foundation has announced The Phamily Poker Classic, a no-limit Texas Hold ‘Em tournament in Atlantic City to take place in the Tropicana’s poker room on the afternoons of October 30 (tournament) and 31 (final table) the same weekend Phish performs at Boardwalk Hall in AC.
Hidden Track makes mention of some of the heavy hitters we can expect to go up against, and I’ll be honored if I can stay in longer than anyone else and just not be the first person to bust out.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)