In Brief: The Dismemberment Plan to Reunite in 2011!
Huge news coming out of the indie music scene this morning: celebrated post-punk outfit The Dismemberment Plan are reuniting next year in conjunction with the vinyl reissue of their 1999 classic Emergency & I. The band broke up to much dismay in 2003, and since then haven’t exactly charmed the pants off the blogosphere with their solo projects.
I was fortunate enough to catch the band on one of their final tours back in 2002, and if The Plan can recapture even half of the intensity that colored their live shows at the turn of the millennium, we are all in for a treat. If you’ve never been introduced to this quirky, high-energy firecracker of a band, consider this your fair warning.
Dismemberment Plan reunion tour dates:
Jan. 21: Washington, D.C at Black Cat
Jan. 22: Washington, D.C. at 9:30 Club
Jan. 27: Philadelphia, PA at the Starlight Ballroom
Jan. 28: Boston, MA at Paradise
Jan. 29: New York, NY at Webster Hall
Hailing from outside of Philadelphia, but now residing in San Francisco, Pete has been a live music junkie since year one, hitting concerts and music festivals up and down the eastern seaboard whenever he could. After a quick post-college stint soaking up the music scene in Brooklyn, Pete made the move out to the Bay Area in 2006, and hasn't looked back.
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”