SXSW 2011: Let the Planning Begin!
Sadly I’ve had to miss the last two years of South by Southwest and I don’t plan on doing that again. I’ll be booking a hotel and hope to finally put together a showcase like I’ve been telling myself we’d be doing for years now. If you’re a blogger, band or friend that wants to help out, let’s get brainstorming.
South By Southwest, the Music and Media Conference and Festival, is now open for business at sxsw.com. This year, SXSW will take place March 16 – 20, 2011 in Austin, TX. Throughout the downtown Austin area, there will likely be well over 1,900 acts showcased. Click here to learn more and to register to attend.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 04/03/2013 • WATCH: Jim James “All Is Forgiven” Live @ Hype Machine’s Hype Hotel (via Baeble)
- 03/14/2013 • WATCH: Dave Grohl’s Entire 2013 SXSW Keynote Speech
- 03/05/2013 • Depeche Mode Will Appear at SXSW 2013 Discussion
- 06/05/2012 • WATCH: Hurray for the Riff Raff Jam in the Van @ SXSW
- 03/19/2012 • Heady Links: YouTube Festival Couch Tour, SXSW Finishes Up, Paul Simon and more…
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track