Photos: Passion Pit, Tokyo Police Club & BRAHMS @ Mann Center, Philly 6/27/10
The last time I saw Passion Pit was a year and a half ago at a small venue at Swarthmore College. That first time was just after Michael Angelakos’ mixtape for his now ex-girlfriend leaked all over the internet. Their first show was brief yet extremely memorable; even in their early form, you could tell that they were destined to play bigger venues.
Now, coming off the release of the deluxe edition of their first full length record, Manners, the young band is playing venues that seem to surprise even themselves. Angelakos even stopped between songs to admire his accomplishments, commenting “this is f-ing crazy…last time we were in philly we played the basement of a church.” His comment truly expressed the speed of the bands growth in fan base. Their set included all the hits such as Sleepyhead, The Reeling, Moth’s Wings, I’ve got your number, their cover of the Cranberries “Dreams” and truly amazing rendition of their song “Little Secrets.”
About the author
Eric Tsurumoto is a photographer and student living in Philadelphia and a regular contributor to LMB. He tweets at @tsumo1990...
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes
- 05/21/2013 • JamBase Live at The Gorge Has Been Cancelled
- 05/21/2013 • SETLIST / RECAP / VIDEO: Rolling Stones @ Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA 5/20/13
- 05/21/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Moon Taxi @ Tipitina’s Uptown, New Orleans, LA 5/16/13