Rage Against the Machine, Conor Oberst Annouce LA Show in Arizona Boycott
Even though Rage Against the Machine really only makes news in my world because Phish just covered “Killing in the Name Of” on the Fourth of July, it is pretty rad that Zach and crew are still out to make
new old music together to help support a cause they believe strongly in. Zach De La Rocha came out recently in major opposition to Arizona’s controversial SB 1070 and called on other musicians to join the call to boycott Arizona as a performer until the law gets thrown out. He’s staging what is likely the first of many boycott / protest concerts with the first set for Los Angeles’ Hollywood Bowl on July 23rd with fellow supporter Conor Oberst. Tickets will be going on sale this Monday at 10am.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/11/2013 • WAY OVER YONDER: New Festival in Santa Monica on October 5-6
- 05/13/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Jim James @ Fonda Theatre, Hollywood, CA 5/11/13
- 09/06/2012 • Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2012 Lineup Announced
- 07/25/2012 • EPIC PREVIEW: 10 Acts You Can’t Miss @ Newport Folk 2012
- 03/01/2012 • Newport Folk Festival 2012 Lineup: MMJ, Jackson Browne, Conor Oberst, Iron & Wine, Arlo Guthrie
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)