High Sierra 2010: Blitzen Trapper
Blitzen Trapper played two nearly identical sets at High Sierra, both on the Big Meadow Stage and set around the same time each day, and man did these guys looked tired. Having done tour after tour in recent years and working hard on the road this year to promote their latest release, Destroyer of the Void, I’m surprised they had the energy to make it through their final set of the weekend.
The set was good because I definitely like the band’s music, but past that it lacked any energy or vibrancy that I would have expected from a band playing the early evening set at the Big Meadow. Next time they need to bring it or they won’t be converting any of the heads anytime soon.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/20/2013 • First City Festival: Passion Pit, Modest Mouse, MGMT, Beach House and more
- 08/08/2012 • PHOTOS: Wilco @ Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams 7/27/12
- 06/12/2012 • EPIC FESTIVAL RECAP: Wakarusa 2012
- 05/27/2012 • VIDEO PREVIEW: Wakarusa Music Festival 2012
- 02/03/2012 • Sasquatch 2012 Lineup: Jack White, Beck, Bon Iver, The Shins, Pretty Lights, Tenacious D
- 06/19/2013 • WATCH: Dehaan aka Metallica Perform “Kill ‘Em All” In Full @ Orion Fest
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify