High Sierra 2010: Zach Deputy
Ask anyone at High Sierra 2010 what one of their highlights would be, and you’ll likely hear a lot of people talk about Zach Deputy. The first set on Thursday he played already had half of my camp totally amped to see him another time, so I didn’t want to miss the set he had on the schedule for the Big Meadow stage the next day. His set ran heavy on the loops and good vibes and the crowd was loving every second of it.
Here’s a video someone got from the same set:
Later that evening, when walking my way over to Widespread Panic, we ran into Zach Deputy playing a set at his campsite adjacent to the main stage. His entire rig, featuring a full drum rock mounted with mics, mixers and looping pedals, was atop his U-haul and the entire scene was actually pretty incredible. There were easily 100 people stopped, rocking and dancing along with the vibe. It was awesome.
Some other clips:
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 12/03/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (Part Two)
- 11/27/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (PART ONE)
- 07/12/2012 • RECAP / PHOTOS: High Sierra Music Festival 2012
- 06/28/2012 • TOUR DATES: Rubblebucket plays High Sierra, Camp Bisco and then tour with Reptar
- 06/13/2012 • PREVIEW: High Sierra 2012 Artist Playshops
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes