High Sierra 2010: Preservation Hall Jazz Band
After Zach Deputy’s set and some time back at camp to rally a crew together, Camp Cock Awe made their way over to Music Hall for an hour long set of gumbo jazz from the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. Given that I’m completely ignorant to all things wonderful about New Orleans culture and heritage (I really hope to visit that city soon), this was a welcome treat and a wonderful hour indoors to beat the heat from the sun outside. But the place filled in and brought a bit of a sweaty-down-south vibe that kept the entire music hall sweaty with exuberance. I really enjoyed it; definitely one of the highlights of the weekend for me.
Note: I completely effed up on these photos and had my head up my you know where when I was shooting this. I know enough about photography to have gotten this right earlier on, but it wasn’t until Susan Weiand kindly reminded me of what I was missing that I was able to get photos I was more proud of. I hope to consider it a lesson learned. Put another way…FAIL BLOG.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 12/03/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (Part Two)
- 11/27/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (PART ONE)
- 07/12/2012 • RECAP / PHOTOS: High Sierra Music Festival 2012
- 06/28/2012 • TOUR DATES: Rubblebucket plays High Sierra, Camp Bisco and then tour with Reptar
- 06/13/2012 • PREVIEW: High Sierra 2012 Artist Playshops
- 05/25/2013 • Tommy Hamilton’s Beard and Straight Unexpected Fire – Electron @ Toad’s Place 5/11/13
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates