Photo Fest: Surprise Me Mr. Davis, Fred Torphy (Big Light) @ Cafe Du Nord, 7/6/10
I spent most of yesterday organizing through my media and our camp’s photo galleries from High Sierra, and needless to say I was still moving a bit slow after five days of sensory overload. That didn’t stop me at all from attending the unofficial HSMF decompression party featuring Surprise Me Mr. Davis and Fred Torphy (Big Light) at Cafe Du Nord. It helps that the venue is a mere half-mile from my house, but it also helps that SMMD is a powerhouse of musical talent that I would never pass up while I remain in my right mind. Last night’s show, while a bit mellow and muted thanks to a long weekend, was everything the audience needed for an equally muted return to civilization after a magical weekend five hours north of the Bay Area.
Here’s my favorites from the photos I shot last night…
[flickrset id="72157624319861485" thumbnail="medium" overlay="true" size="large"]
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”