Flight of the Conchords @ Greek Theatre, Berkeley, CA 5/28/10
When they started rapping their song “Hurt Feelings” the audience cried with laughter. In between songs, Bret and Jemaine carried out a long-winded conversation about charities. “We’re into anything that Bono’s into,” cried Bret at one point. They then went on to talk about saving whales, because whales can’t call emergency services with their big flippers.
The final song of their set, “Bowie”, was off their first album Folk the World Tour. The lights went black and came up a few seconds later, to find Bret and Jemaine in sparking sequined shirts. After the final number, it was plain to see that the audience didn’t want them to leave. “If we don’t go now,” Jemaine said, “we’ll end up living here.” The reaction he received for saying that was the cacophonous sound of adoration, which they completely deserved.
Go here to view his whole set from the show. CAN YOU HEAR ME, LIEUTENANT BOWIE?
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com