Scalper’s Market for Phish Summer Tour
The secondary ticket market is going nuts for our favorite band on tour at the moment: Phish. While your friendly editor lucked into mailorders for all three nights at the Greek, most folks that didn’t get tickets from their friends’ extras will be shelling out at least 3x the face value of the tickets to see the band on their only “extended” run of the tour announced so far. All signs are pointing to Berkeley being an absolute shit-show of fun that weekend and something worth traveling for from the heads across the country.
The top 10 most expensive Phish venues for this summer’s tour however, are topped by the Greek Theatre in Berkeley California, with an average transacted price of $170.04 for the three shows Phish is playing there on August 5-7. All three shows are sold ou
It’s at this time that I’ll remind everyone to consider heading over to CashOrTrade.org before you consider buying from a secondary market scalper that’s allowed to mark up their ticket. They recently surpassed 5,000 members and we’ll hope to see that number continue to rise.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/07/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: The Meter Men with Page McConnell @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/06/2013 • PHOTOS: Final Day @ Jazz Fest 2013 (Trombone Shorty, Black Keys, Meter Men with Page & More)
- 04/30/2013 • Phish Releases 6/20/95 and “The Fleezer” from 6/22/95
- 04/21/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Record Store Day 2013
- 04/18/2013 • David Gilmour Remembers Storm Thorgerson (1944-2013)
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes