Lollapalooza 2010 Preps for Lady Gaga with $250K Stage Setup
Organisers of the three-day Chicago music event were so desperate to keep the `Poker Face’ hitmaker happy they shelled out $100,000 on a giant stage and an additional $150,000 on her production requirements.
Event organiser Perry Farrell told MTV: “We spent like $100,000 to give her a giant stage. We spent close to $150,000 to house the production she’s gonna do. And I say yeah, let’s do it.”
If I were attending the festival this year, I’d wonder how much of the money I was dropping on my ticket would be going to this level of extravagance. I wonder if the Strokes got any money for their stage setup considering they’re playing the festival opposite Gaga…
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 12/15/2012 • SETLIST / TWEETS: The Rolling Stones @ Prudential Center, Newark, NJ 12/15/12
- 12/13/2012 • SETLIST / TWEETS: The Rolling Stones @ Prudential Center, Newark, NJ 12/13/12
- 10/10/2011 • Heady Links (Hardly Strictly, Gaga, Beats, WillCall, UM & Groupon)
- 08/10/2010 • Lady Gaga Stagedive @ Lollapalooza 2010 (i.e. The Reason We See Live Music)
- 06/08/2010 • Lollapalooza 2010 Schedule Released
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes
- 05/21/2013 • JamBase Live at The Gorge Has Been Cancelled