Live Webcast Tonight: Caribou and Toro Y Moi
Caribou’s latest album, Swim, is a richly layered mix of psychedelic soundscapes, polyrhythmic dance beats and hooky melodies sung in Snaith’s dreamy falsetto. You can hear Caribou’s swirling world of sound in a full concert, webcast live on NPR Music tonight, (May 10). The full performance will begin streaming from the Rock and Roll Hotel in Washington, D.C., at approximately 8:30 p.m. ET, with an opening set by Toro Y Moi.
I haven’t listened to Swim all that much yet but I loved their previous release, Andorra, and hope to catch some of this show live tonight as it airs. As with all NPR Live in Concert webcasts, this will be posted on their archive as soon as it’s available shortly after the show.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/03/2012 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Radiohead @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ, 6/1/2012
- 05/28/2012 • LMB NYC: Concert Calendar (May 28-June 3) – Bela Fleck, Galactic, Radiohead and more
- 01/10/2012 • TOUR DATES: Radiohead adds dates around Coachella
- 08/10/2010 • Moogfest 2010: Final Lineup Announced
- 07/26/2010 • Moogfest 2010 Adds Big Boi, Jonsi and Caribou
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More