Photos: Dr. Dog @ Great American Music Hall, SF 4/25/10
During the nostalgic indie rock outfit’s recent two-night layover in San Francisco, Dr. Dog was able to sell out both nights at the Great American Music Hall, an admirable feat for any group, considering S.F. is home to a good amount of smug music snobs who consider obscure forms of brash noise to be the apex of musical artistry.
This was my first time catching a proper Dr. Dog show, as I had only really seen them at festivals or as openers prior. There was an unbelievable confidence level in the playing that night, and the set, song selection, and every rock gesture seemed so at-ease and completely polished at the same time. It was a wild good time.
I haven’t had my proper photo passes lately so apologize for the artistic grainy photos from my iPhone. Anyone else catch the two-night run?
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 02/19/2013 • Firefly Music Festival 2013: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tom Petty, Vampire Weekend and more
- 12/03/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (Part Two)
- 11/27/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (PART ONE)
- 11/08/2012 • ROUNDUP: What Five Bands Should Be Bigger Than They Are? (Part Four)
- 10/26/2012 • TOUR DATES: Dr. Dog to appear on ACL this Saturday
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”