Review: Rogue Wave, Man/Miracle @ The Fillmore, SF 4/30/10
The Bay Bridged has some awesome photos from the Rogue Wave show at the Fillmore last week, courtesy of Charlie Homo. I was at the show with my good buddy Dan from The Actors, and it was a pretty eventful final-night of the tour with multiple sit-ins by the headliners with the openers. I was particularly blown away by the Man/Miracle set. There was something very unique in the style of music they were putting across, almost a less grating version of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. I was never a huge fan but I liked the elements they had mixed, and Man/Miracle was a spastic blend of art rock, dance punk and Talking Heads-esque flow. At least that’s how I remembered it to be…I’ll have to check out these guys again soon.
The Rogue Wave set was okay and all, but I’m not sure I’m as much of a fan of their new album as I needed to be to appreciate the set in general. It was heavy on their Permalight release and maybe I hadn’t spent enough time with it yet, but I was aching to hear a bunch of songs that just never even came close to making it into the setlist. Overall it was a good, fun show and nothing that totally blew my mind. Check out this video of the set closer and encore…
Anyone see this show with me? If so, what was your read on it?
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes