Photos: Pearl Jam @ Jazz Fest 2010
I got just a few quick updates from my friends that were at Jazz Fest this year, mostly just quick texts while they were boozing it up and watching yet another Skerik sit in. Our buddy Patrick did manage to zip up a few photos and shoot them my way, so here’s the few he got at Pearl Jam while they were simulcasting their set over to a local set of troops in Iraq.
“I’d like to make a toast to the fine folks at BP,” Eddie Vedder said, raising a bottle of wine at last night’s show in New Orleans. “Send your sons and daughters to clean up your fucking mess.” While Pearl Jam rocked the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico crept closer to the Louisiana coast. Even Vedder’s wardrobe spoke to the environmental crisis: he wore a Mr. Bill Show T-shirt — the character’s creator, Walter Williams, actively supports protecting Louisiana’s endangered wetlands. [Rolling Stone]
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/07/2013 • PHOTOS: Sunday Gospel and Jazz @ Jazz Fest 2013 (John Boutté & Leo Jackson)
- 05/07/2013 • The ‘State of the Listen’ @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/07/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: The Meter Men with Page McConnell @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/06/2013 • PHOTOS: Final Day @ Jazz Fest 2013 (Trombone Shorty, Black Keys, Meter Men with Page & More)
- 05/04/2013 • PHOTOS: Jazz Fest 2013 (Willie Nelson, Jerry Douglas, Papa Grows Funk and More)
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)