Preview: Brothers Past at Brooklyn Bowl
Despite the snowy evening forecast here in NYC, I am hoping to head on over to Williamsburg to catch Brothers Past at Brooklyn Bowl. I was pretty impressed with BP’s last NYC show at the Bowery. As you can see from this video above, it was quite the rager, so I’m hoping for good things this evening.
As a bit of a fan-friendly gesture to fans that have made — or are willing to make — the long trip through the snow for the tonight’s show, the band just sent out this update:
Tonight’s show at BK BOWL is FREE if you can prove you traveled there from the Philly area or beyond. Show your train ticket, bus ticket, turnpike receipt and you will be granted free admittance to the show.
Good stuff. Let’s hope BP once again brings the heat to the Big Apple. After all, now they’ve got Williamsburg hipsters to impress.
WHITperson -- aka Marc Whitman or simply "Whit" -- is a long-time LMB contributor known for his in-depth posting style and his knack for crafting interesting podcasts. Whit currently resides in Brooklyn, where he's building up his web development chops and hoping to put his technical skills towards something interesting in the music world. Follow his updates over at whitperson.com and on twitter @whitperson.
- 02/02/2013 • This Week’s Must Hear: Joe Russo’s Almost Dead
- 07/23/2012 • TOUR DATES: The Heavy Pets announce August and September Tour
- 06/29/2012 • WATCH: Anders Osborne and Billy Iuso @ Brooklyn Bowl – 6/21/12
- 06/04/2012 • WEBCAST: The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down @ Brooklyn Bowl
- 05/14/2012 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Strangefolk @ State Theatre, Portland, ME 3/31/12
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”