Bonnaroo 2010: Flaming Lips to Cover Dark Side of the Moon, Paul Simon ‘Confirmed’
In the lead-up to their official 2010 lineup announcement, Bonnaroo gave their website a fresh redesign and officially announced the date of their official lineup announcement. Heh. They’ll reveal this year’s lineup next Tuesday, February 9 over at Bonnaro.com.
But in much more than just a lineup tease, we’re hearing that Paul Simon has been confirmed (according to Live Daily) and the Flaming Lips will also be on that lineup thanks to Spinner and Wayne Coyne’s big mouth. Not only that, the Lips have also revealed that they’ll be doing a special late-night cover of Pink Floyd’s classic Dark Side of the Moon as a reprise of their recent New Year’s Eve celebration. It looks like Wayne Coyne fully intends to play right into the altered states of many of the festival’s attendees:
We did it at the New Year’s Eve show just knowing everybody’s gonna be taking acid, staying awake until five in the morning. We might as well just be jamming on some freak-out music….I don’t think it’ll be that much of a stretch to think Friday night at 2:30 in the morning at Bonnaroo would be that much different than being in Oklahoma City on New Year’s Eve. I’m sure people will be having their own party while we play this space rock or whatever. In that sense it’s perfect for that.
Good old Wayne Coyne.
WHITperson -- aka Marc Whitman or simply "Whit" -- is a long-time LMB contributor known for his in-depth posting style and his knack for crafting interesting podcasts. Whit currently resides in Brooklyn, where he's building up his web development chops and hoping to put his technical skills towards something interesting in the music world. Follow his updates over at whitperson.com and on twitter @whitperson.
- 05/15/2013 • Passion Pit and DJ Jazzy Jeff Included In Bonnaroo 2013 Silent Disco Lineup
- 05/01/2013 • Seven Must-See Sets on Bonnaroo’s Newly Released Schedule
- 04/30/2013 • Bonnaroo Announces 2013 Late Night Lineup
- 04/03/2013 • WATCH: D’Angelo & Questlove Bonnaroo Superjam Features Ohio Players and Funkadelic Snippets
- 03/28/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Comedy Lineup Announced (Daniel Tosh, Bob Saget, David Cross and More)
- 05/20/2013 • R.I.P. Ray Manzarek, The Doors (1939-2013)
- 05/20/2013 • Coachella 2014: Dates Confirmed, Presales Soon
- 05/20/2013 • First City Festival: Passion Pit, Modest Mouse, MGMT, Beach House and more
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13