Flaming Lips to Play Dark Side of the Moon at NYE Show
The Flaming Lips — who have already been covering songs from Pink Floyd’s classic album Dark Side of the Moon — have subtly announced that they’ll be taking their Dark Side tribute a step further. The concert poster (shown above) for their upcoming NYE show at the Cox Center in Oklahoma City includes a small note at the bottom that reads “Starting at midnight: A special performance of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon.” That should be killer.
If you can’t be in Oklahoma City for New Year’s Eve, check out our massive NYE concert round-up for plenty of other great options.
WHITperson -- aka Marc Whitman or simply "Whit" -- is a long-time LMB contributor known for his in-depth posting style and his knack for crafting interesting podcasts. Whit currently resides in Brooklyn, where he's building up his web development chops and hoping to put his technical skills towards something interesting in the music world. Follow his updates over at whitperson.com and on twitter @whitperson.
- 10/26/2012 • Sea of Dreams LunaSea NYE 2013 to feature Gogol, Shpongle and more
- 10/15/2011 • Furthur Announces 3-Night NYE Run in SF
- 10/11/2011 • Pretty Lights: Two-Night NYE Run in Colorado
- 10/11/2011 • Phish Announces 4-Night Run at MSG for NYE
- 10/03/2011 • BIG GIGANTIC: Fall 2011 Dates, NYE in Chicago, 4-Night Colorado Run
- 06/19/2013 • WATCH: Dehaan aka Metallica Perform “Kill ‘Em All” In Full @ Orion Fest
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify