Phish Festival 8 Update: The Bunny Radio and All Eight Sets on Sirius XM
As they did for their Coventry Festival back in 2004, Phish has set up a radio station for Festival 8 to broadcast the band’s sets and Kevin Shapiro’s “From the Archives” series, among other programming. This time, however, The Bunny also gets a website, a Facebook page, and a Twitter stream.
More importantly, the Bunny has confirmed a rumor that began floating around yesterday that the band will be broadcasting all eight sets from Festival 8 via Sirius/XM radio’s JamOn station. As PhishTwit pointed out, Sirius offers a free seven-day trial membership. You can also stream online over at 95.9 Jack FM (KAJR), but no guarantees on available bandwidth.
Although it’s not quite the full-fledged webcast I attempted to justify in last week’s column (Phish Friday: An Open Letter to Phish and Red Light Management), the audio stream is a very welcome addition for those of us who can’t make it out to Indio for the Festival 8 festivities.
While I won’t be in Indio, Justin will be. He’s already making preparations and getting super excited, so I’m sure we’ll be hearing more from him over the next few days.
WHITperson -- aka Marc Whitman or simply "Whit" -- is a long-time LMB contributor known for his in-depth posting style and his knack for crafting interesting podcasts. Whit currently resides in Brooklyn, where he's building up his web development chops and hoping to put his technical skills towards something interesting in the music world. Follow his updates over at whitperson.com and on twitter @whitperson.
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track