Thom Yorke Announces New Solo Band and Two Nights in LA
Thom Yorke just announced that he’ll be playing two shows at the Orpheum Theatre in LA this weekend, Oct. 4th and 5th, which is amazing. But the announcement of who his backing band is will probably be the thing that everybody’s talking about today, because he’s got Flea on bass, Mauro Refosco on percussion, Joey Waronker on drums, and producer Nigel Godrich all helping him out with the shows. Lucky Dragons get the opening slot.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 03/05/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Punch Brothers @ The Calvin Theatre, Northampton, MA 2/15/2013
- 02/14/2013 • Radiohead to start work on their ninth album in September
- 02/13/2013 • VIDEO: Thom Yorke Solo Acoustic Set at 2002 Bridge School Benefit
- 01/16/2013 • Thom Yorke Releases A-Thomic mix – including Radiohead Remixes
- 12/26/2012 • ICYMI: Download a copy of the Radiohead @ Bonnaroo 2006 soundboard
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”