Thom Yorke Announces New Solo Band and Two Nights in LA
Thom Yorke just announced that he’ll be playing two shows at the Orpheum Theatre in LA this weekend, Oct. 4th and 5th, which is amazing. But the announcement of who his backing band is will probably be the thing that everybody’s talking about today, because he’s got Flea on bass, Mauro Refosco on percussion, Joey Waronker on drums, and producer Nigel Godrich all helping him out with the shows. Lucky Dragons get the opening slot.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/05/2013 • Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich Announce LIVE DJ Set on KCRW
- 03/05/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Punch Brothers @ The Calvin Theatre, Northampton, MA 2/15/2013
- 02/14/2013 • Radiohead to start work on their ninth album in September
- 02/13/2013 • VIDEO: Thom Yorke Solo Acoustic Set at 2002 Bridge School Benefit
- 01/16/2013 • Thom Yorke Releases A-Thomic mix – including Radiohead Remixes
- 06/19/2013 • WATCH: Dehaan aka Metallica Perform “Kill ‘Em All” In Full @ Orion Fest
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify