Video: A View From the Red Rocks Hill
I’m feeling particularly nostalgic today about the recent Phish tour and I wanted to get my grainy iPhone photos up that I took at the seven shows I saw, but I thought I’d preview it all with a view from Red Rocks that you wouldn’t think about if you had never been to the venue before.
On the third night of the run, me and my crew went to the top of the venue and noticed a backdrop of flashing lights, lighters, flashlights, and glowsticks strewn all over the mountain in the distance. The venue is situated in a natural valley and the whole venue is basically a state park (it definitely feels like it when you get inside), so if you’re a fan that has some stamina and some time (and no ticket for the show), consider climbing up to where this guy shot this video. Seems like this is an ideal way to get some hiking in and see a concert at one of the most beautiful venues in the world. I can watch this clip over and over again.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/07/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: The Meter Men with Page McConnell @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/06/2013 • PHOTOS: Final Day @ Jazz Fest 2013 (Trombone Shorty, Black Keys, Meter Men with Page & More)
- 04/30/2013 • Phish Releases 6/20/95 and “The Fleezer” from 6/22/95
- 04/21/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Record Store Day 2013
- 04/18/2013 • David Gilmour Remembers Storm Thorgerson (1944-2013)
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13