Sights and Sounds: Marco Benevento Trio @ Carnegie Hall, 7/20/09
It’s no secret that I have a total man-crush on Marco Benevento right now. This audio clip from the performance he did with his trio at Carnegie Hall is just a huge, stark contrast versus the show I saw at the Independent when Marco played to about 30 people just solo on a piano. I’ve always wondered how he preps for shifting between those types of shows.
My favorite part of the jam above is when the crowd totally jazz-claps after Reed Mathis’ bass solo. Good stuff.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 03/18/2013 • Reactions from The Prince Tribute @ Carnegie Hall w/ The Roots, D’Angelo, Chris Rock & More
- 02/07/2012 • ROUNDUP: Jay-Z @ Carnegie Hall, NYC 2/7/12
- 11/17/2011 • Preservation Hall Jazz Band: 50th Anniversary @ Carnegie Hall
- 09/13/2009 • Roundup: Trey Anastasio with New York Philharmonic @ Carnegie Hall
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”