High Sierra 2009: First Post of Many to Come
I’m still without a full voice a full day and a half after my return from my first year at the High Sierra Music Festival, a wonderfully intimate festival with an unbelievably great crowd and great set of musicians hanging out all weekend. The music was fantastic but arguably part of the background for most of my experience. I got to chill with a pretty solid crew of peeps that I now consider my best friends in the word. Four days in the music festival teaches you to band together, like brothers. Although not literally band together, except for the impromptu camp jam sessions that kept coming from the talented folks I was crashed with. I digress.
I hope to post some killer stuff from the festival once I filter through all of it, but this video caught my eye and I figured it to be perfect to get the coverage started. I saw no Banana Man this weekend, but this dude ran into Robot Guy and took some funny video of him grooving hard during Galactic.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 12/03/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (Part Two)
- 11/27/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (PART ONE)
- 07/12/2012 • RECAP / PHOTOS: High Sierra Music Festival 2012
- 06/28/2012 • TOUR DATES: Rubblebucket plays High Sierra, Camp Bisco and then tour with Reptar
- 06/13/2012 • PREVIEW: High Sierra 2012 Artist Playshops
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)