Photos: Grizzly Bear, Here We Go Magic @ The Fillmore, San Francisco 6/21/09
On Sunday night I witnessed my first Grizzly Bear show besides seeing them briefly last year at Lollapalooza, which funny enough seemed like it was two to three years ago at this point even if it was last August. I have already digressed.
Anyway, the opening band, Here We Go Magic, totally laid it down as an opener and really got the crowd up front into the concert early on. And because I was big into Grizzly Bear’s sound over the past few months and couldn’t wait to see how it was transformed to an entire show, they did not disappoint, not even for a second. The lights, the mix, the song selection, flow — it was all top notch. One of the benefits of seeing a band close a tour, I guess, which was the case with this lineup set for Sunday and Monday night at the Fillmore.
Here’s the video of “Southern Point,” the set opener; my photos from the show are after the jump.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/12/2013 • Bonnaroo & Ustream.tv Announce Webcast Schedule
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/14/2013 • Grizzly Bear Announces Special Show at Hollywood Forever Cemetery on 8/9
- 05/10/2013 • PREVIEW: Five Must-See Sets at Hangout Music Fest 2013
- 04/21/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Record Store Day 2013
- 06/19/2013 • WATCH: Dehaan aka Metallica Perform “Kill ‘Em All” In Full @ Orion Fest
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify