Live Nation Announces “No Service Fee Wednesdays”
Live Nation just announced today that starting this Wednesday, there will be no ticket service fees on any Live Nation amphitheater show purchased on a Wednesday this summer where they’re providing the ticketing (through their website, obviously). Good idea, you clever corporate giant, you!
LOS ANGELES, CA June 1, 2009 – Today, Live Nation announced that it’s dropping service fees on more than five million lawn tickets and hundreds of concerts, helping add value and save money for fans throughout North America. The 24 hour event makes June 3rd the biggest one day sale in concert business history. Now that’s something for fans to sing about!
“No Service Fee Wednesdays,” kick off June 3 at 12:01 a.m., offering fans some of the lowest prices of the summer with no ticket service fees on any LiveNation.com-ticketed amphitheater show, and only at www.LiveNation.com.
Throughout the rest of the summer, Live Nation becomes Free-Nation, as it offers a variety of “No Service Fee Wednesdays” specials at www.LiveNation.com, making Wednesday the biggest day of the week for savings on concert tickets for hundreds of shows and millions of fans.
“Summer concerts are a great escape in these tough times,” said Michael Rapino, President and Chief Executive Officer of Live Nation. “Starting this Wednesday, Live Nation and the world’s top artists are making it less expensive for fans to see their favorite bands by waiving service fees on over five million tickets at www.LiveNation.com. We wanted to do something that had never been done before and “No Service Fee Wednesdays” provide incredible value to millions of music fans to attend the hottest concerts this summer.”
Tickets for “No Service Fee Wednesdays” go on sale at 12:01 a.m. local time on June 3, 2009 at www.LiveNation.com. This promotion is not valid in combination with other special pricing offers and is subject to availability.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 03/16/2012 • LN Labs Fund: Live Nation to Invest in More Music Startups
- 03/06/2012 • Live Nation Acquires Setlist Database Site Selist.fm
- 09/01/2010 • iTunes Ping Tour Dates Powered by Live Nation & Ticketmaster
- 08/23/2010 • Ticketmaster Launches New Blog, New Policies
- 08/09/2010 • Six Ways to Make Live Nation More Fan-Friendly
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track