Fuse.tv to Broadcast Dave Matthews Band Live From Beacon Theatre
I haven’t really been following too much of the latest news on Dave Matthews Band besides the fact that he’s continuing on with Jeff Coffin now as a full-time member replacing Leroi Moore after his unfortunate passing. I didn’t catch that they were going to be playing a few smaller venues on the tour, though, which I found out through the announcement that the band is going to do a live broadcast of their June 1st show at Beacon Theatre in New York City on Fuse.tv.
Fuse TV (http://fuse.tv), an all music network, just announced a very special, LIVE BROADCAST of Dave Matthews Band’s upcoming, sold-out show at the legendary Beacon Theatre in Manhattan.
This commercial-free, 2 1/2 hour broadcast will be a once in a lifetime experience for all DMB fans, as it will capture the band performing their upcoming studio album, Big Whiskey and the Groogux King, in its entirety for the first time ever, in a live setting.
You gotta hand it to them — they’re still one of the hardest working bands on the road and they continue to keep their fans and base happy with the stuff you’d expect while continuing to innovate with marketing and promotion. Read on for more info straight from the source.
We are excited to announce Fuse Presents…Dave Matthews Band: Live From The Beacon Theatre! Dave Matthews Band will be performing an invitation-only benefit concert at the Beacon Theatre in New York City on June 1, the eve of the worldwide release of Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King! The concert, presented by Madison Square Garden’s national music network Fuse and MSG Entertainment, will benefit Dave Matthews Band’s Bama Works Fund supporting charitable programs in the Charlottesville, VA area.
Fuse will celebrate the release of DMB’s eighth studio album with a telecast of the Beacon Theatre concert in high-definition and commercial-free followed by an entire week of programming dedicated to Dave Matthews Band! Fuse will air the four-part original documentary “Dave Matthews Band: The Road to Big Whiskey”, a 360-degree experience which began on April 14 as the band launched their Spring 2009 tour with a sold-out performance at Madison Square Garden. While in New York the band stopped by Radio City Music Hall for an interview with Fuse about the new album. The network then followed the band to Charlottesville, VA where they captured behind-the-scenes moments of the band’s hometown tour stop. The Road to Big Whiskey will also include footage from DMB’s electric performances during their explosive shows on May 8-9 in Las Vegas.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/03/2013 • Jazz Fest TV Schedule: DMB, Gary Clark Jr., The Meter Men (+Page), WSP & More
- 04/30/2013 • PHOTOS: Jazz Fest 2013 (Weekend One)
- 04/28/2013 • SETLIST: Dave Matthews Band @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 03/19/2013 • FILM REVIEW: Boyd Tinsley’s Faces in the Mirror
- 03/07/2013 • NCAA Big Dance Concert Series ATL Includes Muse, DMB, Ludacris, Grace Potter and More
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More