Phish Reunion Updates Expected Soon
Today was an interesting day here on the internet if you are a Phish fan. There was more than a few people that chimed in on message boards and emailed the blogs to get the message out that the official word would be coming from the band any second now that would be confirming that they are reuniting early next year for a three-night run in Hampton, VA at the Hampton Coliseum, a venue that served the band well during their heyday. It’s not at all unbelievable and it’s not entirely confirmed yet. But it’s confirmed. It’s going to happen. And this is going to be huge.
I had mixed feelings for so long but any possible thought of getting the news tonight is something that excites me a great deal. The band will be coming off a long break and a large change in lifestyle for each member of the band (in theory), so it’d be interesting to see how they’d come together and how the shows would sound. I immediately started running through the thoughts of what I’d need to do to get there. Plus, I realized that I wanted to get ready for South By Southwest next year but I missed the cheapest badge price cutoff. So I have not yet booked my trip, so this is important in my consideration of what to do for an early 2009 vacation. It’d be fantastic to take my first trip out to Virginia to see the return of Phish, arguably the biggest live music event that everyone is going to be talking about for the next couple months. I have to consider it now that the news is imminent.
I’m hearing that the hotels in Virginia are already getting booked up for the weekend. I’m going to try to procure a place once the news is official. Anyone want to share a room?
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/07/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: The Meter Men with Page McConnell @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/06/2013 • PHOTOS: Final Day @ Jazz Fest 2013 (Trombone Shorty, Black Keys, Meter Men with Page & More)
- 04/30/2013 • Phish Releases 6/20/95 and “The Fleezer” from 6/22/95
- 04/21/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Record Store Day 2013
- 04/18/2013 • David Gilmour Remembers Storm Thorgerson (1944-2013)
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track