Outside Lands 2008: Cold War Kids
Cold War Kids – “Hang Me Out to Dry” @ Outside Lands [YouTube]
I was seriously excited for the first day of Lollapalooza because I got a chance to see tons of great bands with my friends back in my hometown. That was incredible. But I was also insanely fortunate to have the chance to attend a like-minded festival put on about three weeks later in my new hometown by “the Superfly folks” as Les Claypool called them during the Primus set on Saturday. Radiohead was going to be headlining the first day. Seriously?
Man, I was seriously a fortunate music critic this summer.
The first set of Outside Lands for me was Cold War Kids and I managed to snag myself a spot in the VIP standing area on the side of the hill somewhat close to the stage they were on. I only brought my point-and-shoot so none of my photos came out totally amazing. But the band was quite incredible from what I saw. “Hang Me Out to Dry” sounded as smooth as it does on the album and they were able to get the crowd quite pumped up for the rest of the night.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 07/30/2012 • PHOTOS: Catalpa Music Festival Day Two (Snoop Dogg, Girl Talk, Matt and Kim and more)
- 03/06/2012 • Beale Street Music Festival 2012 Lineup: Jane’s Addiction, My Morning Jacket, Primus, Girl Talk
- 05/29/2010 • North Coast Music Festival: Chemical Brothers, Umphreys, Bisco, Flying Lotus and more…
- 10/30/2009 • Video Goldmine: Nigel Godrich’s “From the Basement” Video Archive
- 10/29/2009 • Cold War Kids Announce Short 2010 Tour and New EP
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”