Download, Stream Radiohead Live from Santa Barbara
Radiohead @ Outside Lands | Photo © Justin Ward
NPR is offering up a podcast and stream-on-demand of the final night of the Radiohead tour here in the U.S. I’m listening to it while I catch up on my inbox and it’s no surprise that it sounds absolutely fantastic. It may sound a little better overall with Bob Boilen’s introduction, although I’d much rather hear Carrie’s voice as the confident broadcaster announcing that the house lights had gone out.
In a first, NPR Music is webcasting a complete concert from Radiohead, offering the entire show for free streaming and as a podcast beginning Monday, September 8 at noon at www.NPR.org/music The 2-hour concert was recorded live at the Santa Barbara Bowl on August 28, the final night of the band’s In Rainbows U.S. tour. NPR Music will also feature a slideshow taken during the performance, and interviews with the band’s sound engineer and production manager.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 07/18/2012 • Anders Osborne rules the World Cafe on NPR
- 02/01/2012 • Dr. Dog 2012 Tour Dates and Live Stream
- 07/30/2011 • Webcast: 2011 Newport Folk Festival via NPR
- 05/10/2011 • Fleet Foxes Webcast Tonight on NPR
- 06/04/2010 • NPR Music to Live Webcast from Bonnaroo 2010: Flaming Lips, Dave Matthews Band, Kings of Leon and more
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13