Tour Dates Roundup
We’ve posted a couple rounds of tour dates already this week and the announcements keep coming in, so I thought a little roundup was in order:
- Dungen just announced fall tour dates in support of their new album, 4.
- Coldplay added some US dates to their massive world tour.
- Death Cab for Cutie announced a pretty large tour with no sense for who the opener would be. They wouldn’t do their own headlining tour without support, would they?
- brooklynvegan has Andrew Bird pics from All Points West and dropped his tour dates after the photos. Good stuff.
- One of my favs that’s been quiet lately, Menomena, is heading out on tour soon and rolling through San Fran the same day as the Treasure Island music fest. Decisions, decisions…
Finally, Jamie Lidell just announced a round of tour dates in support of his latest album, Jim. I remember seeing him at Pitchfork ’07 and I thought it was pretty cool for one guy onstage to be creating soulful funky music (with voice looping toboot). Word on the street is that this tour features Jamie and a full band, complete with horns and everything. I’m putting money on this as a breakout tour for him — would opening for Elton John have anything to do with that? — so I’ll probably be hitting the 9/30 date in San Francisco. See you in the beer line.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)