Pitchfork 2008 | Sunday in Photos
Sunday couldn’t have been a more beautiful day, the sun was out and there was a light breeze; most importantly the music was worlds apart and totally amazing. In the short walk across Union Park you could hear folk, afro-pop, psychedelic rock and hip-hop. In my opinion, Sunday had the overall better schedule but delays and schedule changes made it really difficult to catch every band that I expected to see.
I opted to catch Cut Copy instead of Spoon for the last show of the weekend but it wasn’t in the stars. The Aussies were late due to travel inconveniences, Pitchfork waited way too long to tell the crowd and then tried to pass off a King Kahn/Bradford Cox jam session as a quality substitution. I caught the last half of Spoon’s set but alas no photos. Cut Copy did play and I’m a little bitter.
A few acts that impressed were The Dirty Projectors and Spiritualized; I expected Dave Longstreth and company to bring the incredible harmonies and music but I hadn’t experienced the power of Spiritualized’s sound just yet. The volume was airplane decibel — thank god for earplugs — and the music is a flowing Pink Floyd that really captured my attention.
The best moment of the weekend came when I rushed over to Bon Iver after Spiritualized just as Justin Vernon was busting out “Skinny Love”. The shade of the trees at the Balance Stage and Vernon’s soulful voice made for one incredible five minutes. I just wish I could have seen the full set. Follow the jump for some more semi-professional photos.
The Dirty Projectors
Occidental Brothers Dance Band International
Raekwon & Ghostface Killah
- 04/07/2013 • COACHELLA PREVIEW: Can’t Miss Bands for 2013
- 11/27/2012 • Live Music Blog’s Best of 2012: Concerts, Albums, Artists and More (PART ONE)
- 02/03/2012 • Sasquatch 2012 Lineup: Jack White, Beck, Bon Iver, The Shins, Pretty Lights, Tenacious D
- 01/31/2012 • TOUR DATES: Spiritualized announce US tour for May
- 09/23/2008 • Austin City Limits 2008 Webcast Schedule Announced
- 06/19/2013 • WATCH: Dehaan aka Metallica Perform “Kill ‘Em All” In Full @ Orion Fest
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify