New Live Phish – “Taste”
The good folks over at Phish headquarters sent us a sample from the new two-disc DVD set, Phish Walnut Creek, and I couldn’t be happier with what they’re offering up as a snippet. In the description that came along with the news of the release, we’re given a little glimpse into some first set madness that is hopefully captured on the DVD:
Highlights include “Down With Disease” that slowly segues into “Mike’s Song” – the first and only time these two classic tunes were ever paired together in such a way-as well as “Taste,” complete with near Biblical thunder and lightning display.
Given that the band is highlighting those two segments, you know they’re worth spending some time with. A new blog on the scene, Orange Sunshine, is hosting up the “DWD > Mike’s” segment (all the way through “Weekapaug”) and we’ve got the release version of “Taste” featured below. You can actually hear the lightning and crowd roar, which was most likely a fear-induced scream of elation.
I can’t wait for the release; I’d give my left nut to listen to Left Nuts once and for all.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)