This year’s Bonnaroo has already begun. So if you’re not already there, you’re probably like me and only able to check out this year’s festival from afar. Luckily for folks like us, there are even more opportunities in 2008 to enjoy the festival without actually being there. Here’s a quick list of your options:
- Webcast: The AT&T Blueroom webcast is already on.
- TV: FuseTV will be broadcasting portions of the weekend.
- Satellite Radio: you can hear selections on XM radio.
- Words/Photos: check out the Bonnaroo blog, read Jambands.com’s updates, or follow the play-by-play on Twitter.
In non-Bonnaroo news updates, here’s some more linkage:
- From “Improg” to blog: Umphrey’s McGee has started a band blog called “The Floor”, and they’re off to an interesting start.
- Pearl Jam has expanded its offering of live downloads, now including mobile via Verizon. Get ‘em at http://pearljamconcerts.com.
- Newport Jazz fest is rounding out its 2008 lineup, including Aretha Franklin, Wayne Shorter Quartet, Lettuce (w/ Fred Wesley), and Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey to name a few.
- Wilco has expanded its summer tour schedule.
- Black Kids have mapped out a fall tour.
- New Frank Zappa Concert Album called Wazoo.
- Band of Horses will open some dates for Beck for an interesting pairing.
And we can’t end the week without a little more speculation on a Phish reunion. Todd from Jamtopia has dropped a rumor that Steve Lillywhite (who produced the band’s BIlly Breathes) is on board to produce a brand new Phish album.
Anything else going on out there? Talk to me, Goose.