Mountain Jam 2008 | From the Mountain Recap and Photos, Day 2
Day Two of Mountain Jam was a bit stormy for a time, but before that it was warm and sunny. After the storms blew through there was nothing but a clear cool night.
The musical highlights for me can be summed up like this…Sharon Jones and Michael Franti.
Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings have such fantastic energy. Her new, yet retro, R&B is perfect on a sunny day.
Is there another band on this Earth that can bring a crowd to their feet like Michael Franti and Spearhead? I think not. Franti delivered, as usual, a very high-energy, positive set. One of the best acts so far.
The night was capped off by a phenomenal two-set show from Gov’t Mule, topped off by fireworks launched off of the top of the Mountain. Dark Star Orchestra took the late-night slot.
We’re heading to get some breakfast before what should be a great day three. DBT and MSMW are on tap and I can’t wait!
- 12/08/2012 • CONCERT RECAP: Dark Star Orchestra @ The Dome at Oakdale Theater, Wallingford, CT 12/7/12
- 08/01/2012 • RECAP: Gathering of the Vibes 2012 @ Seaside Park, Bridgeport CT
- 05/28/2012 • LMB NYC: Concert Calendar (May 28-June 3) – Bela Fleck, Galactic, Radiohead and more
- 04/02/2012 • Gathering of the Vibes 2012 Lineup: Primus, Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Hornsy, STS9 and more
- 03/27/2012 • All Good Music Festival Adds DSO, Rubblebucket, Devil Makes Three, more…
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes