Hot Chip | Fall Tour 2008
After dropping their third LP, Made in the Dark, this past February, putting out two of the best videos I’ve seen in years (“Ready for the Floor” & “One Pure Thought“) and cruising through a sold out U.S. tour, Hot Chip is coming back state-side this fall for another round of dates. All I can say is…oh yeah!
Unfortunately, I missed the boys the last time they rolled through Chicago; this definitely makes up for the five minutes I spent cursing at that Ticketmaster page that doesn’t exactly say the show is sold out but we all know what it means.
Hot Chip’s live show is becoming stuff of legends; their set a Coachella was absolutely packed and for good reason. Check the video of the group playing the first song on the new LP, “Out at the Pictures”. The tour is hitting most major media markets and hopefully the Austin City Limits date will be making its way onto PBS sometime soon. Hit the jump for dates, info about the pre-sale and the full press release.
HOT CHIP ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES THIS FALL WITH SPECIAL PRE-SALE
After a hugely successful sold out US tour- including a second triumphant performance at Coachella this April, Hot Chip announce dates for another tour this Fall. The dates include two shows at the Wiltern in L.A. and two shows at Terminal 5 in NYC.
This is the second tour this year in support of their new album Made In The Dark. Made In The Dark was informed by two years of touring, so the album was designed to be performed live. Their shows are pulsating, propulsive, and unequivocally fun. See what the press has to say about them:
“Hot Chip was hot all right. The English electro-pop act packed the Sahara tent at Coachella on Saturday evening, and then some, blinding the crowd with beats…Those who thought the quintet stole the show at last year’s Coachella were not disappointed.” – Los Angeles Times
“A non-stop pressure cooker of a performance.”- Boston Herald
“By the second song of its set, Hot Chip had the crowd undulating self-consciously to dance music that somehow melded the trance sensibilities of Kraftwerk to the sound palette of Southern hip-hop.”- Washington Post
“Thank fuck for Hot Chip. In a world where pretentious indie rock and boring electro reign supreme, its inspiring to see a group so innovative, so eclectic, so weird, not only exist but also be extremely popular (as a packed floor at Terminal 5 confirmed by going buckwild at every single opportunity).” – ‘Sup magazine
“Simply put, everything about this show was perfect. If you’ve never seen Hot Chip live, don’t hesitate! They put on the best show I’ve seen all year.” – The Big Takeover
There will be a special pre-sale starting on May 20. Tickets will be on sale for the public on May 23.
Hot Chip Fall Tour Dates
9/21 Los Angeles, CA Wiltern
9/22 Los Angeles, CA Wiltern
9/23 Tucson, AZ Rialto Theater
9/25 Dallas, TX Palladium Ballroom
9/26 Austin, TX Austin City Limits
9/28 Chicago, IL Metro
9/29 Chicago, IL Metro
9/30 Toronto, ON Koolhaus
10/1 Montreal, QC Metropolis
10/3 New York, NY Terminal 5
10/4 New York, NY Terminal 5
10/5 Philadelphia, PA The Trocadero
10/7 Baltimore, MD Rams Head Live
10/8 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
10/9 Atlanta, GA Variety Playhouse
- 05/20/2013 • Coachella 2014: Dates Confirmed, Presales Soon
- 04/18/2013 • WATCH: Selling Coachella Weekend Two Tix Is Almost Impossible
- 04/13/2013 • WATCH: How To Destroy Angels FULL SET @ Coachella 2013
- 04/13/2013 • WATCH: Daft Punk steal the show at Coachella without performing
- 04/13/2013 • COUCHELLA: Day Two features Phoenix, The Postal Service, Grizzly Bear, Hot Chip, Janelle Monae & More
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13