The Black Keys @ 9:30 Club | Live Concert on NPR’s All Songs Considered
The Black Keys are stopping in on the 9:30 Club tonight in Washington, DC and luckily for all of us we can enjoy the show with those who are actually there. NPR Music will be broadcasting the show will the help of Bob Boilen and All Song’s Considered. If you check in with the site around 10pm EST the show should be up and running. The nice part about these live performance streams is that the sound is really good and NPR always chooses solid acts to broadcast. The Black Keys can really bring it live; I caught the duo last year at Lollapalooza and they played an extremely tight loud set much to the delight of the crowd.
The Akron based group just released their fifth LP, Attack & Release, which was produced by the hardest working man in show biz, Danger Mouse. The album stays true to the blue’s roots of the band but also branches out into some uncharted territory. The result is an awesome blend of traditional blues and contemporary sounds, all hard driven and played flawlessly. If you’ve got nothing going on tonight, don’t watch TV; grab some nice beers, post up on your porch/stoop/whatever and listen to The Black Keys rock the 9:30 Club for an hour or two. Here’s a good sample of the live show; this is from a VIP show back in April at Chicago’s own Martyrs. Killer…
- 05/25/2013 • Tommy Hamilton’s Beard and Straight Unexpected Fire – Electron @ Toad’s Place 5/11/13
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates