Lollapalooza 2008 | Headliners Confirmed
Looks like those previous Lolla 2008 rumors will prove to be correct. Once again, our fav Chicago Sun-Times insider — Jim DeRogatis — has been working his “industry sources.” He’s now confirming that the headliners for Lollapalooza 2008 will be…
Nine Inch Nails
Rage Against the Machine
Now that’s a solid list of headliners. It sounds like the rest of the lineup shouldn’t be too shabby either. Here’s what Jim DeRo had to say:
Lollapalooza’s Austin, Texas-based promoters C3 Presents are not scheduled to make their official announcement of the acts performing at this year’s weekend-long music festival in Grant Park until Monday, but the Sun-Times has confirmed through industry sources all of the major artists.
Art-rock giants Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails, the reunited Rage Against the Machine, Jack White’s side project the Raconteurs and hometown heroes Wilco and Kanye West will headline the main stages on Aug. 1-3.
The Raconteurs, Wilco and West will each be making their second appearance at the reinvented destination festival. Other repeaters among the more than 100 acts on this year’s bill are Gnarls Barkley, the Black Keys, Broken Social Scene, G. Love & Special Sauce, Blues Traveler and Mates of State.
Quite a few of the other acts — including many of the most promising — have earlier performed at Chicago’s two independently produced music festivals, Pitchfork and Intonation. These include Bloc Party, Cat Power, Stephen Malkmus, Girl Talk, Kid Sister, Office, the Cool Kids, Battles, the Go! Team, Jamie Lidell and Grizzly Bear.
Advance three-day passes are now on sale for a limited time for $190 (after which the price increases to $205) at www.lollapalooza.com.
As I said before, this is some serious shit.
WHITperson -- aka Marc Whitman or simply "Whit" -- is a long-time LMB contributor known for his in-depth posting style and his knack for crafting interesting podcasts. Whit currently resides in Brooklyn, where he's building up his web development chops and hoping to put his technical skills towards something interesting in the music world. Follow his updates over at whitperson.com and on twitter @whitperson.
- 05/07/2013 • The ‘State of the Listen’ @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/06/2013 • PHOTOS: Final Day @ Jazz Fest 2013 (Trombone Shorty, Black Keys, Meter Men with Page & More)
- 05/01/2013 • Seven Must-See Sets on Bonnaroo’s Newly Released Schedule
- 03/14/2013 • FEATURE: Bonnaroo’s Collaborative Nature
- 03/04/2013 • Forecastle Festival 2013 Lineup: Black Keys, String Cheese Incident, Animal Collective and more
- 06/19/2013 • WATCH: Dehaan aka Metallica Perform “Kill ‘Em All” In Full @ Orion Fest
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify