Camp Bisco VII | Disco Biscuits Get Snoop, DJ Shadow
After finishing up their first European tour and showing up as headliners in some recent festival announcements, the Disco Biscuits continue to flesh out an impressive 2008 tour schedule. We recently came across some rather defensive Bisco fanatics, but here’s even more news that ought to brighten their spirits (and bolster their defenses):
Today, MCP Presents and The Disco Biscuits have confirmed the first list of performers slated for Camp Bisco VII, the seventh annual three-day music and arts festival in Mariaville, New York this July 17-19, 2008. The 25+ performer lineup at the multi-stage camping festival includes:
The Disco Biscuits (3 nights)
Snoop Dogg (performing with a live band)
DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
Younger Brother Live
The New Deal
Tea Leaf Green
Eliot Lipp (Live PA);
More artists and festival details will be announced in the coming weeks.
Maybe the next time some Philly bloggers want to talk shit about the band, fans will just point to this lineup and say, “Snoop disagrees….beeyatch!”
If you’re curious about Camp Bisco, here’s a bit more info from the Camp Bisco website:
Camp Bisco VII will once again be held at the picturesque Indian Lookout Country Club in Mariaville, New York. The venue is located approximately 20 minutes travel time from Albany, New York, and sits on 200 acres of rolling, flat grass fields. The grounds come equipped with full bathrooms; which include flush toilets and showers, as well as 24/7 bathroom attendants. Festival goers will have access to a full bar on site and a general store, which sells almost every necessity for a comfortable and care free experience. The 25+ performers will be spread out over 3 days and nights, and two stages, including a late night dance tent. The dance tent promises to be an Audio & Visual experience not to be missed!!!
Early bird tickets are on sale now for a limited time only and begin at $120. Tickets are available online at www.campbisco.net, by phone at 1-800-594-TIXX, as well as at all FYE locations in New England and select locations in NY state. VIP packages are available for an additional $225 per ticket purchase. 15 cents of every ticket sold will be donated to Trees For The Future, an organization that has been the steward of planting trees throughout the world since the early 1970s in an effort to remedy the effects of illegal logging and unsustainable land management systems on the world’s developing communities. 50 cents of every ticket sold will be donated to Headcount Cents for Sense, a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization devoted to voter registration and participation in democracy. BE-Green ticket upgrades will also be sold for an additional $2.50. Funds raised by the BE-Green upgrades will be used to offset carbon emissions through the use of renewable energy sources.
Camp Bisco VII is promoted by MCP Presents and hosted by The Disco Biscuits. Greening partners include Green Mountain Energy Company – the nation’s leading provider of cleaner electricity and carbon offset products.
Visit www.campbisco.net for the most up to date information.
WHITperson -- aka Marc Whitman or simply "Whit" -- is a long-time LMB contributor known for his in-depth posting style and his knack for crafting interesting podcasts. Whit currently resides in Brooklyn, where he's building up his web development chops and hoping to put his technical skills towards something interesting in the music world. Follow his updates over at whitperson.com and on twitter @whitperson.
- 05/25/2013 • Tommy Hamilton’s Beard and Straight Unexpected Fire – Electron @ Toad’s Place 5/11/13
- 02/28/2013 • FEED THE ROCKS: Disco Biscuits, Shpongle, and RJD2 @ Red Rocks, April 27th
- 02/21/2013 • Camp Bisco 2013 Lineup: Disco Biscuits, Animal Collective, Umphrey’s McGee, STS9, Bassnectar & More
- 01/27/2013 • The Disco Biscuits Announce Last Minute Show @ Fox Theatre Tonight
- 01/09/2013 • NYE ROUNDUP: MMJ, Umphrey’s McGee, Primus, Furthur, Avett Brothers, Disco Biscuits & More
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)