Here’s a list of the stuff we got posted this week. A weekly roundup, if you will. I’ve been a little slow to get back into the blogging every day thing that I was pretty comfortable with a year or so ago. I think I’m too used to sleeping in until the last possible second.
At any rate, read on for the posts and drop some comments if you saw anything cool this week. I haven’t been to a show in a little bit but I’m pretty sure I’ll be catching that Del Rey show as seen in the poster above. They’re like a mean Tortoise.
Here’s a look back at the past week…
- Video Teasers | CYHSY @ Lollapalooza ’08
YouTube – ClapYourHandsSayYeah@Lollapalooza One of the clear, standout moments for me from Lollapalooza this past year was a rip-roaring danceable freakout called “Satan Said Dance” by the band that named themselves after graffiti: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. The…
- The Whigs Remind Me to Rock | 2008 Tour Dates and New Album
The Whigs remind me that even in this day of complex, indie chamber-pop and drawn-out electro jamming, there’s still room for good ole’ three-chord guitar rock. The Whigs are dropping their new album, Mission Control this Tuesday (1/22) and throwing a release party this Friday (1/25) in their hometown of Athens, GA. They’re also slated to play Letterman (1/28), and they’ve lined up a nice U.S. tour for the early months of 2008. Nice.
- Tomorrow Never Knows | Bon Iver @ Schuba’s
It took a Wisconsinite to make me feel back at home this weekend, but for as much time I spent in the Dairyland, there’s no place like Chicago. After seeing Bon Iver as a one-man band at Madison Pop Fest…
- Coachella 2008 Lineup Announced
The lineup for Coachella 2008 just got posted. Jack Johnson, Portishead, and Roger Waters get the main headlining nods, with the Raconteurs, Kraftwerk (!!!), M.I.A., My Morning Jacket, Animal Collective, Battles, and Spiritualized all coming in closely behind them….
- Introducing…The Union Forever
Movies and Rock & Roll have always been partners in crime, soliciting promiscuity and danger while keeping every American slightly interested in this non-sense world. Both James Dean and Jim Morrison garner the same idolatry, the same cool, but in…
- Drymount! | Big Release From Drowning Creek
One of the things I want to cover on Drymount! are big poster releases, so all the loyal LMB readers are well informed. That coverage is going to begin today with a huge release by Drowning Creek Studio. Owned and…
- Chicago: Music City?
On Thursday night I found myself sitting in the Harris Theater for Dance and Music at Millennium Park contemplating the report on the music industry in Chicago, prepared by The Cultural Policy Center at The University of Chicago. You…
- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers | 2008 Tour Dates, Super Bowl
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers are heading out on tour this summer with Steve Winwood, which is undoubtably killer news for fans of two legendary acts. I got to see a Petty show a few years back at Deer Creek…
- Phish Friday | Waste Free in Germany, ’97
Phish – Waste, Free We’ve spent a tremendous amount of time on Phish Fridays with the year 1997, truly a tremendous year for the band and the quality of music that came from that group of dorks that many…
- Marco Benevento | 2008 Tour Dates, New Album
Marco Benevento just released a new album digitally called Invisible Baby, one that I spent last night listening to front-to-back twice.. I’m listening to it again right now, actually. It’s incredible. Except for the first half of “The Real…
- Evan Farrell R.I.P.
Very sad news came out after Christmas of the passing of Evan Farrell. I didn’t know him, nor am I very familiar with his music, but anytime a person so universally well liked by his friends and peers dies before…
- Man Man Tour Tour
Man Man is heading out on tour in March by kicking things off in Baltimore, MD, heading down the East coast, then onto showcases at SXSW. After that, Midwest college towns, NYC, and finally, Rye, England for the ATP vs….
See you at work tomorrow.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 04/30/2013 • Bonnaroo Announces 2013 Late Night Lineup
- 03/04/2013 • Forecastle Festival 2013 Lineup: Black Keys, String Cheese Incident, Animal Collective and more
- 02/21/2013 • Camp Bisco 2013 Lineup: Disco Biscuits, Animal Collective, Umphrey’s McGee, STS9, Bassnectar & More
- 02/19/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013 Lineup: Paul McCartney, Mumford & Sons, Tom Petty, Bjork, Pretty Lights, Wilco and more
- 01/22/2013 • 2013 Governors Ball Lineup: Kanye West, Kings of Leon, Pretty Lights, Animal Collective and more
- 05/25/2013 • Tommy Hamilton’s Beard and Straight Unexpected Fire – Electron @ Toad’s Place 5/11/13
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates