Concert.TV Adds News Division for Live Music Scene
Does anybody out there watch Concert.TV?
The “Live Music Television” channel and website seems like it has very slowly been bubbling out of the underground since its initial launch back in 2003. I don’t have Comcast Cable or any of the other cable providers that carry it, so I haven’t seen enough from Concert.TV to give it a solid assessment. But I did find it interesting that they’ve now launched a news division:
Concert.TV, a digital media network committed to live music performances and
documentaries, has expanded its reach with the launch of a news division. Concert.TV News coverage will include major festivals and tours throughout the year, including recaps to appear on television and online, according to a statement. “This is about offering a perspective on what’s happening in and around live music,” says Michael Shimbo, president and co-founder of Concert.TV.
I generally think it’s a good thing to have more News offerings dedicated to live music and touring bands. But I’m not yet sure how I feel about Concert.TV. My first impression is that it has a bit too much of an MTV vibe. Then again, last time I checked, MTV had pretty much scrapped most of its music news programming, so maybe this is somehow filling that void. MTV-vibe aside, there are some decent concert clips on the website that have me thinking that its full concert offerings — which are only available on the cable channels — might be pretty decent.
Are there any Comcast subscribers out there who watch this channel on a regular basis?
What do you folks think?
Concert.TV Launches News Division [Billboard]
WHITperson -- aka Marc Whitman or simply "Whit" -- is a long-time LMB contributor known for his in-depth posting style and his knack for crafting interesting podcasts. Whit currently resides in Brooklyn, where he's building up his web development chops and hoping to put his technical skills towards something interesting in the music world. Follow his updates over at whitperson.com and on twitter @whitperson.
- 08/25/2011 • Ticketmaster and Facebook Unveil “See Where Your Friends Are Sitting” Feature
- 05/18/2011 • Ticketing Start-up Eventbrite Gets $50M, Bigger Events
- 09/01/2010 • iTunes Ping Tour Dates Powered by Live Nation & Ticketmaster
- 09/01/2010 • Apple Announces Ping, the iTunes Music Social Network
- 08/23/2010 • Ticketmaster Launches New Blog, New Policies
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track
- 05/22/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: The Black Angels & Hanni El Khatib @ The Mayan LA 5/21/13
- 05/21/2013 • Interlocken Fest Confirms Multiple Nights of Widespread Panic, Furthur, SCI and The Black Crowes