Jam in the ‘Dam 2008
The first three artists (of five) have been announced for Jam in the ‘Dam 2008. Or Jamsterdam as robotic and I like to call it.
The three-day music festival at the Melkweg (Milky Way) in the heart of Amsterdam’s Leidseplain (Lively Square) has returned for another year by adding another artist to the roster. Previously, the four artists on the bill would rotate set times between two different stages at the music hall each individual night, resulting in a rather varied presentation of the four bands on the bill. For the next one, they’re opening up the larger Old Hall for three performances each night instead of two, and again, that’s with five bands instead of four. It looks like they learned their lesson; this is certainly not as ambitious as having eight bands spread out over two weekends.
Tea Leaf Green
They’re calling for votes on the final two artists for the lineup and your choices are…
Dark Star Orchestra
Medeski, Martin & Wood
Aquarium Rescue Unit
Karl Denson/Greyboy Allstars
My guess would be that Perpetual Groove or Disco Biscuits are solid choices for the type of festival that would follow UM, TLG and Lotus. If I had it my way, though, it’d be Les Claypool and the Disco Biscuits. That’d probably get me seriously considering a return visit to this magical little music festival following up my less-than-enthusiastic response to the 2007 lineup.
Long-time readers of the site might remember that I was able to attend the 2006 version of Jam in the ‘Dam and I tried my best to report on the festivities (and take some photos) as the festival went on. Given the exhaustion level, my “burnin’ dogs,” and the frequent coffeeshop visits, it’s needless to say that my motivation for blogging was less and less as the trip wore on. I was much more interested in seeing Van Gogh’s and eating pancakes. And in Amsterdam — there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 02/28/2013 • FEED THE ROCKS: Disco Biscuits, Shpongle, and RJD2 @ Red Rocks, April 27th
- 02/21/2013 • Camp Bisco 2013 Lineup: Disco Biscuits, Animal Collective, Umphrey’s McGee, STS9, Bassnectar & More
- 01/27/2013 • The Disco Biscuits Announce Last Minute Show @ Fox Theatre Tonight
- 01/09/2013 • NYE ROUNDUP: MMJ, Umphrey’s McGee, Primus, Furthur, Avett Brothers, Disco Biscuits & More
- 10/19/2012 • CONCERT RECAP / PHOTOS: CITY BISCO @ The Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA 10/5-10/6/12
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”