Phish Friday | The Funkiest Bitch?
This week’s Phish Friday post comes from Live Music Blog friend, Stanley T. Roper (again). We were super impressed with his ability to sum up this track in less than 100 words, so it clearly deserved a place in Phish Friday history. Remember, we like submissions (with files attached) so feel free to send those our way if the mood strikes you. Hopefully Stan will send us some more in the future…
Herewith I present what I consider to be the funkiest of bitches. Funkier, I contend, than an old batch of collard greens.
A flub results in Trey taking the first solo, which leaves the Chairman to take the second solo. Of course, Trey usually ends the song after taking the second solo — so this presents a dilemma. Whatever will our brave band do?
Funk the living shit out of it for another ten minutes, that’s what.
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/07/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: The Meter Men with Page McConnell @ Jazz Fest 2013
- 05/06/2013 • PHOTOS: Final Day @ Jazz Fest 2013 (Trombone Shorty, Black Keys, Meter Men with Page & More)
- 04/30/2013 • Phish Releases 6/20/95 and “The Fleezer” from 6/22/95
- 04/21/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Record Store Day 2013
- 04/18/2013 • David Gilmour Remembers Storm Thorgerson (1944-2013)
- 05/20/2013 • Coachella 2014: Dates Confirmed, Presales Soon
- 05/20/2013 • First City Festival: Passion Pit, Modest Mouse, MGMT, Beach House and more
- 05/19/2013 • WATCH: Kanye West on Saturday Night Live
- 05/19/2013 • SETLIST / VIDEO: Rolling Stones (w/ Dave Grohl) @ Honda Center, Anaheim, CA 5/18/13
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall