Weekly Roundup | Pearl Jam at Lolla ’07, Langerado Preview and More
It’s been a busy week here at LMB, especially with Justin out of town enjoying the Maui sun. Here’s a run-down of what went down…
- Pearl Jam to Headline Lollapalooza 2007!
Chicago Sun-Times’ Pop Music Critic, Jim Derogatis, is today reporting that Pearl Jam will headline this year’s Lollapalooza, which is set for August 3rd – 5th in Grant Park…
- Langerado 2007 Preview | Checkin’ Out the New
Yep, that’s right folks, I’ll be headin’ down to Florida for the festival extravaganza that is Langerado! One thing I’m especially exicted about is the possibility of checkin’ out a bunch of bands that I’ve never experienced in the live setting.
Full roundup after the jump…
- The Duo’s Latest Doings | Marco Tour, the ‘Zeppelin Experience,’ and Indie Props
Been wondering about the Benevento-Russo Duo? They had a rather huge 2006, dropping a stellar album, doing a summer tour with Trey Anastasio and Mike Gordon, hitting Lollapalooza, and wrapping things up with a solid fall tour.
- Bonnaroo 2007 | Artists Additions, Round One
So Bonnaroo quietly announced two more additions to their initial line-up that was leaked and subsequently confirmed a couple weeks back. The two new additions are: The Roots and The Wild Magnolia Mardi Gras Indians
- Chk Chk Chk (!!!) Makes Me Dance Dance Dance [video]
This band with the name nobody’s sure what to do with have recently been really grabbin’ my attention. Perhaps I’m just in a dancey/groovy mood this week, but the tracks I’ve been hearing from their forthcoming album are hot hot hot!
- The Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne Believes…
Yesterday, NPR listeners were treated to a little soliloquoy by Mr. Coyne when he added his commentary for the NPR series of personal stories, “This, I Believe.” Coyne discussed his experience realizing ways to achieve personal happiness…
- The Police 2007 Tour | Sell-Outs and New Dates
The recently re-united Police have created quite a stir in the concert world since they played the Grammys. They’ve recently sold out a bunch of the initial stadium dates they announced a couple weeks back, which included a headlining slot at Bonnaroo…
- Feist | New CD and Tour Dates
She’s been labeled everything from a modern torch singer to a retro indie rocker. Her MySpace lists her genre as indie/folk/alternative. And reportedly you can hear all of these facets of Feist and more on her newly announced 2007 CD, The Reminder.
- Joshua Tree Music Festival | 2007 Line-up
California music festivals are popular for a number of reasons. The Joshua Tree Music Festival is no exception to the norm. The festival takes place May 18th – 20th…
- Toubab Krewe | Spring 2007 Tour Dates
Toubab Krewe — who I recently tagged as one of the bands I’m excited to see for the first time at Langerado — starts its Spring tour tonight at the Cat’s Cradle in Carrboro, NC.
- The Slip | 2007 Spring Tour Dates
The Slip — perhaps the band that best exemplifies the term “post-jam” — had a big 2006. But, to be honest, I think they may be slated for an even bigger year in 2007.
- The Whigs | 2007 Tour Dates
Ever heard the Whigs? Plain and simple, these guys rock…
- Phish Friday | Fall ’97, Not Just the Cow Funk Era
There are various “eras” of Phish history that get a lotta play, but I’d venture to say that the band’s Fall 1997 tour is one of the most popular and often given the label “Epic!”
- Heady Links | New Album Edition
…so what better way to spend the time than to sip on a beverage and whip up a bunch of ‘heady links’ for all ya’ll. I thought I’d mention a few album items from this past week…
- Podcast #054 – The Best of the Bays
Last week, I wrote a little round-up of some of the key bands that play some form of live, electronic dance music. But I realized that I neglected to mention a band that I really should have discussed: The Bays
Unless he goes buck-wild and decides to stay in Maui, Justin will be back on the site this week. On Thursday, I will be heading down to Florida for Langerado, and should have a couple updates for all ya’ll. So stay tuned for an awesome week…
WHITperson -- aka Marc Whitman or simply "Whit" -- is a long-time LMB contributor known for his in-depth posting style and his knack for crafting interesting podcasts. Whit currently resides in Brooklyn, where he's building up his web development chops and hoping to put his technical skills towards something interesting in the music world. Follow his updates over at whitperson.com and on twitter @whitperson.
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track