Langerado 2007 | Schedule Announced!
The schedule for Langerado 2007 has been posted, and it is (once again) being powered by the team and database wizardry over JamBase. I love how they make schedule customization possible on this — color me easily amused — but I think it’s great that festivals are all taking advantage of a very smart and useful technology for would-be patrons…
I’ve put “My Schedule” after the jump even thought I’m not going to be in attendance for this festival. However, we will have some killer representation on site with our own Marcus Whitperson; he’ll be down there and hopefully doing some reporting from the festival as it occurs. More on that as the date approaches…
My Would-Be Langerado 2007 Schedule
(even though I’ll be at SXSW).
Friday, March 9
Dubconscious > Lotus > Tea Leaf Green > Break (possibly take a nap) > The Hold Steady > Bela Fleck & The Flecktones > STS9
These are the bands that I’d see. I’d say skip Trey and/or the hopes that we’ll nurse him back to health with our crowd cheers. Hit STS9. These guys are seriously on top of their game right now and they seem to be getting stronger and stronger lately, especially since I last saw them over in Amsterdam.
Saturday, March 10
** – Only to count the number of times Franti shouts “how you feeling?!?!?!?!”
The hardest part will be trying to tear yourself away from Toubab Krewe. Their sound can be infectious and seeing The Slip on a festival stage might not really highlight their “normal” experience. ‘Tis tough when they’re playing at the same time. And the real hard decision comes with the last set of the night — My Morning Jacket or the Disco Biscuits. That’d be hard one for me but I’d have to give the full nod to My Morning Jacket here. Their sound can fill a field and the Disco Biscuits’ sound (most usually) cannot.
Sunday, March 11
The Spam Allstars > Band of Horses > Rodrigo y Gabriela > Los Lobos > Matisyahu > Widespread Panic
This is probably the least impressive day on the lineup for me, so I’d probably take some time getting to know bands I’m not too familiar with: Bands of Horses and Rodrigo y Gabriela. Los Lobos is a no-brainer here and Matisyahu and Widespread Panic would be good bills where you could be assured some excitement to close off the weekend.
Feel free to share your schedule if you plan on going, and again, we’re planning on having some good photos and stories to share ourselves from the festival (thanks to Music Allies). Be sure to stay tuned for that…
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/24/2010 • Tour Dates: Big Light Release Animals in Bloom
- 04/22/2010 • Tour Dates: Apollo Sunshine Announce Four East-Coast Shows
- 11/01/2008 • Apollo Sunshine @ Mercury Lounge, NYC 10/29/08
- 10/29/2008 • Tonight: The Apollo Sunshine Experience and More Tour Dates
- 10/05/2008 • Apollo Sunshine Announce More US Tour Dates (and UK)
- 05/24/2013 • PHOTOS / VIDEOS: Colin Stetson @ Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 5/9/13
- 05/23/2013 • WATCH: Prince – “Let’s Go Crazy -> FixUrLifeUp -> Let’s Go Crazy” @ Billboard Music Awards 2013
- 05/22/2013 • PHOTOS / RECAP: Devendra Banhart @ Regency Ballroom, SF 5/21/13
- 05/22/2013 • TOUR DATES: Ty Segall Announces Summer 2013 Dates
- 05/22/2013 • DAFT PUNK WATCH: RS Cover Story, Remixes Announced, Hear “Horizon” Bonus Track