The Police to Play Wrigley Field July 5-6, 2007
The Police are scheduling two dates (July 5-6, 2007) at Wrigley Field here in Chicago in the place of Dave Matthews Band, who was previously rumored to be reserving time at the stadium for the Fourth of July weekend…
Regardless of who it is, there will definitely be someone at Wrigley Field for those dates…
[Alderman] Tunney plans to introduce an ordinance at today’s City Council meeting authorizing concert dates of Thursday, July 5 and Friday, July 6 without knowing who the performer will be. “One possibility is Sting and the Police. . . . It’s not firm who the artist is going to be, but it’s not going to be Dave Matthews,” the alderman said.
It’s really exciting to see this as a possibility and I already feel myself getting my hopes way up for this reunion.
UPDATE: See here for The Police 2007 Tour Dates as they come in…
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 05/17/2013 • My Morning Jacket Will Begin Work On New LP This Fall
- 05/17/2013 • PHOTOS: Kurt Vile & the Violators @ Bowery Ballroom, NYC 5/16/13
- 05/17/2013 • Interlocken Festival 2013: Neil Young, Furthur, SCI, Black Crowes and More
- 05/17/2013 • WEBCAST: Hangout Music Fest 2013 on MTV.com
- 05/16/2013 • NEW MUSIC: Queens of the Stone Age Debut “If I Had A Tail”