Band Merch Gone Genious?
I noticed some new posts on the Tea Leaf Green RSS feed this morning…
Upon further inspection, it looks as though the band has added a slew of merch to their online store, a mega beverage set being one of the new and most notably items. Four pint glasses, a bottle opener, a koozy, and a shot glass — what a package!
Tea Leaf Green is definitely one of the bands at the forefront of the audience engagement movement. Jambands were always engaging audiences from the beginning and it’s only now just catching on across other music genres, even causing new genres to be created on the fly. Surely this is not new news to anyone in these here parts…
The thought occurred to me — not only does Tea Leaf Green create RSS feeds for tech-savvy information consumers such as myself, they create drinking merchandise for the college-student left in all of us. They’re recognizing the old-skool and new school at the same time, and I love it. They’re firing on all audience engagement cylinders and we haven’t even started talking about their music yet…
And believe me, there’s plenty to talk about there. Kudos, Tea Leaf Green. Keep it comin’…
About the author
Justin Ward is the Editor at Live Music Blog and has been with the site from the very beginning. He currently lives in San Francisco and regularly tweets other stuff over @justinpward.
- 06/18/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Four Highlights and Best of Roo Awards
- 06/17/2013 • Music Midtown 2013: Phoenix, RHCP, Queens of the Stone Age and More Lead ATL Festival
- 06/17/2013 • CONCERT RECAP: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti @ Tipitina’s Uptown NOLA 6/15/13
- 06/17/2013 • Pink Floyd Releases Catalog On Spotify
- 06/17/2013 • Bonnaroo 2013: Day Three Highlights (Superjam, Two Gallants & William Tyler)